While domestic and family violence can be perpetrated by both genders, ‘The overwhelming majority of acts of domestic violence and sexual assault are perpetrated by men against women.’ (Diemer, 2015)
As a result, this practice guide focuses on mothers and children and on helping fathers to change their behaviour.
- Key messages
- What is domestic and family violence?
- Domestic and family violence legislation and principles
- Child Safety's approach to DFV.
- Safe and Together model
- Domestic violence in Australia
- Key statistics
- The power of your words
- Facts and myths about domestic and family violence
Version historyBack to top