Skip to main navigation Skip to main content
Up-to-date information on how we are responding to COVID-19
Stay informed

Assist with social housing

The Department of Housing and Public Works (DHPW) provides a range of housing services for Queenslanders, including children who are in need of protection and their family.

A child in need of protection subject to in-home intervention includes:

  • a child at risk of being removed from their family
  • an unborn child at risk of being removed from their parents following birth
  • a child (currently living with an approved foster or kinship carer) who is returning to live with their family.

Where support is required for housing services for a child and their family:

Upon receipt of Part A, the Housing Service Centre will:

After receiving Part B:

  • contact the Housing Service Centre to arrange a meeting to discuss the referral
  • involve the applicant whose housing need is being met
  • develop a Joint action plan with the DHPW to determine what form of housing assistance is required and to ensure all parties understand their commitment
  • ensure the joint action plan is signed by the DHPW and Child Safety
  • place a signed copy of the joint action plan on the relevant client file.

Version history

Back to top

Published on:

Last reviewed:

  • Date: 
  • Date: 
    Page created