- Reunification is a process, not a destination
- Practitioners need to start working on reunification from day 1
- Partnering with the child, parents, carers and network is essential when working towards reunification
- Use the dimensions of permanency as the foundation of case work focused on reunification
- Concurrent case planning is part of the process
- Use the SDM tools to support decision making
- The Reunification Pyramid, the Reunification Practice Map and the Return Home from Care Practice Framework are models which can help shape the reunification practice.
Version historyBack to top