Information about mental health and child protection
- Information about child protection from Children of Parents with a Mental Illness Child (COPMI)
- Supporting recovery in families affected by parental mental illness, practice paper, Australian Institute of Family Studies (AIFS)
- Issues for the safety and wellbeing of children in families with multiple and complex problems, practice paper, AIFS
- Parental mental illness can be a child protection issue, Information Sheet, Government of Western Australia, Department of Health
- Gaining knowledge about parental mental illness: how does it empower children, research study, Journal of Child and Family Social Work.
Mental health and specific communities
- Strengths of Australian Aboriginal cultural practices in family life and child rearing, research paper, AIFS
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Healing portal, Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet
- Refugees: Working with Refugees A guide for Social Workers
- Parents: Children of Parents with a Mental Illness (COPMI).
Support and information providers
- Black Dog Institute
- PANDA — Perinatal Anxiety & Depression Australia
- Project Air, A Personality Disorder Strategy
- SANE Australia.
Version historyBack to top